You're going to a hack event? Great! We've been to/organised a few, and here's our list of things you ought to take...
(NB Some of this stuff is obviously only relevant to overnight events!)
- Doodle pad and pencils
- Laptop charger ;)
- Phone charger
- Headphones and music!
- Comfy lounge clothes
- A warm jumper
- A change of underwear/clothes if you're staying overnight
- Sleeping bag
- Toothbrush and tooth paste
- Any regular medication
You should set up your laptop in advance with software/libraries/frameworks you might need, in case there are problems with, or high traffic on, the network.
A video lead to plug your laptop into a projector to present. They nearly always accept SVGA, modern ones also have HDMI. This is especially important if you have a Mac - you should bring a display adapter!
Some bits to build with - e.g. proper pens and paper if you're an illustrator, mobile devices if you're a developer, materials and tools if you're a maker.
- Slippers (SERIOUSLY!)
- T-shirt to sleep in overnight
- Pillow (doubles as something to sit on if you don't get a comfy chair!)
- Inflatable mat
If you can't find space for a pillow, a jumper stuffed with clothes is second best!
If You're a Hack Nut
- An extra monitor (pack a pillow against the screen to avoid dead pixels)
- A mascot!
- A bag of sweets to make some friends :)
Our Next Event...
...happens the weekend of 16-17th August - the Science Collider! Find out more...